Savour the sweet, traditional treats of Aveiro with this food tasting experience. You'll try the famous ovos moles, raivas, Aveiro liqueur and much more!
Local Food Tasting
Portugal boasts some of the world's most delicious cuisine. So, if you're in Aviero, don't miss out on your opportunity to enjoy some of its culinary delights. With this food tasting experience, you'll discover the most typical regional products, as well as the ingredients that are used the most and the long history that lies behind each of these.
You'll enjoy the famous raivas de Aveiro (a type of biscuit or cookie), ovos moles (a local delicacy made from eggs and sugar) and delicious mussel brochetta, as well as typical liqueur from Aveiro and a hot or cold infusion.
The food tasting will take place in the Entre Copos e Chávenas cafe, where for 45 minutes you'll have the chance to try some of the most delicious delicacies in Aveiro.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 12||Children under 5|
Children from 5 to 12US$ 4.90
Children under 5Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking multilingual guide.
Local food tasting.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Rua dos Combatentes da Grande Guerra, 34.