Discover the charming villages and unique landscape around the Spanish northern region of Cantabria, with this Santander and Santoña Day Trip from Bilbao.
Santander & Santoña Day Trip
At 8:30 am we'll leave from your hotel in Bilbao and head to Santoña by bus, which will take approximately one hour.
Once we arrive, we'll enjoy a panoramic view of the area to discover its main attractions. Our first stop will be a traditional canning factory, where we'll spend half an hour seeing how the anchovy is made, one of the most typical products of the Cantabrian Sea. You'll also learn about the importance of this industry in Santoña and have a short tasting session.
Next, the tour will head to Santander, half an hour away. Once in the capital of Cantabria, noted for being a quiet coastal town with a unique charm, we'll admire the beauty that has made it one of the most remarkable bays in northern Spain.
You'll have an hour of free time in the centre of Santander to explore its most special corners on your own. We recommend you visit the Nuestra Señora de la Asunción Cathedral and the Magdalena Palace.
The tour will end returning to Bilbao and be back at your hotel at 2:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 38.40
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and Spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by coach or minibus.
Entrance to a canning factory with tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).