The Santa Luzia Sanctuary, the Roman bridge of Ponte de Lima, the famous green wine... Discover the wonders of northern Portugal on this trip to Viana do Castelo and Ponte de Lima.
Alto Minho Trip
In the morning, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Braga to set off on our trip to Viana do Castelo and Ponte de Lima.
After an hour's bus journey past the mountains and along the coast of northern Portugal, we'll arrive at Viana do Castelo.
Here we'll enjoy a guided tour around the most emblematic places of the historic centre. Afterwards, we'll climb the Santa Luzia mountain, where the Santa Luzia Sanctuary awaits us at an altitude of over 200 metres. We'll head inside this beautiful neo-Byzantine temple, which has become a postcard image of Viana do Castelo for its magnificent architecture and location with incomparable views of the sea.
Then we'll hop back on the minibus and set course for our next stop; Ponte de Lima, where we'll make a stop to eat in a local restaurant. This city is famous not only for being the oldest in the country, but also for its gastronomy.
After lunch, we'll visit the historic centre of Ponte de Lima accompanied by our guide who'll tell us fascinating information about the town and its inhabitants.
Before returning to Braga, we'll travel to Arcos de Valdevez, where we'll enjoy a delicious tasting of the area's most famous product: green wine.
At the end of the trip, we'll make our way back to Braga.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 53.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Professional English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned minibus.
Guided tour around the historic centre of Viana do Castelo.
Guided tour of the Santa Luzia Sanctuary.
Guided tour of Ponte de Lima.
Food and drink.
Green wine tasting.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).