This green wine tour is a full-day experience that will take you on a journey through the history and flavours of Portugal.
Green Wine Tour
At the arranged time we'll pick you up from your hotel in Braga. From there we'll set off to the region where the famous Portuguese green wine is cultivated.
This wine is becoming more and more popular. It is produced when the grape is barely ripe, giving it a slightly acidic and sparkling flavour. If you've never tasted it, you might be surprised!
We'll begin our tour with a visit to the Travanca Monastery or the Pombeiro Monastery, two essential national monuments on the Romanesque Route. You'll be able to explore their beautiful surroundings and admire the spectacularly-preserved 11th-century architecture.
Then we'll head to a local bakery. You won't be able to leave without trying one of its delicious cakes!
So you can really soak up the region's wine culture, we'll visit two local producers who'll explain the entire process, from the grape harvest to the bottling. You'll even enjoy a tasting!
After the visit to the first vineyard, we'll make a stop for lunch in a local restaurant. You'll be offered a full course meal consisting of a starter, main course, drink, dessert and coffee.
And what better way to finish your meal than with some good wine? At the end of our tour, we'll visit another local vineyard where we'll have the opportunity to taste some more of this fine product.
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Braga and drop you off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 56.20
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Braga local time).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).