Taste the exquisite wine produced at the foot of Mount Etna with this Taormina & Etna Winery Day Trip. Enjoy the beauty and flavours of Sicily!
Taormina & Etna Winery Day Trip
At the time of your choice, we'll meet at the cruise port of Catania and board a minibus and head north towards the city of Taormina. The journey will take about an hour.
Upon arrival, we'll start a walking tour of this Sicilian jewel full of luxury shops and handicraft shops. We'll walk along the main street of the city, Corso Umberto, and see the exterior of the Cathedral of St. Nicholas. We'll also be captivated by the Arab architecture of the Corvaja Palace. You won't stop taking pictures!
As we tour Taormina, we'll tell you about the Greco-Croatian origins of this pearl of the Ionian Sea. Did you know that it was founded in 736 BC? We'll unveil the mythological legend that explains the birth of this city.
After the guided tour, we'll return to the minibus and drive to the surroundings of Mount Etna. During the trip, we'll be able to admire the extensive vineyards that are a true example of the richness of this region's viticulture.
We'll stop at a winery to visit its facilities and discover all the secrets of Sicilian wine production. You'll find out about the great fertility of this area and how the volcanic soil influences the taste of the grapes. We'll enjoy a wine tasting that will include three varieties of wine.
After seven hours of hiking, the tour will end arriving back at the starting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 72.30
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, spanish and italian.
Transport by minibus.
Guide in English.
Wine tasting of 3 wines.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Catania Cruise Port