Explore the darkest secrets of Edinburgh and its legendary ghosts on a 1.5-hour free walking tour of the city at nighttime.
When the night has fallen, greet your guide outside St Giles’ Cathedral, in the heart of Edinburgh, and set off on an unforgettable tour.
Wander along the dark closes (Scottish word for alleyways) and dimly lit cobbled streets as your local guide reveals the city’s macabre and sordid past. Feel the goosebumps spread through your body as you learn about the most frightening poltergeists and their victims.
Tour the numerous cursed locations right in the city center and then head to a graveyard, where you will hear tales of bodysnatchers and the most vengeful witches.
By the end of the tour you will have found out why Edinburgh is considered one of the terrifying paranormal destinations.
- Children are welcome to join this Free Ghost Tour, however the content of the tour can include topics such as torture, cannibalism, incest, murder and other sensitive topics.
- If you’re traveling with over 14 people, please book a private tour. Groups of over 14 people will not be allowed to participate in this free ghost tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide expert in the sordid past of Edinburgh.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (5:00 pm local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
367 High Street