Explore one of the world's most important cemeteries with this free tour of the Colón Cemetery in Havana. You'll admire its magnificent mausoleums and discover the stories behind them.
Havana Colón Cemetery Free Tour
We'll meet at 10 am on the corner of Avenida 23 and Calle 12 and set off for the most emblematic cemetery in the world: la Necrópolis de Cristóbal Colón. Are you ready to discover its secrets?
As we explore the cemetery we'll see striking examples of funerary architecture such as the Romanesque-Byzantine Central Chapel, which was modelled on Il Duomo in Florence. We'll also stop in front of the tombstone of Máximo Gómez Báez and find out why it has no name or dates! Then we'll marvel at the tombstone of Calixto Garcia and find our why he had three different burial ceremonies!
The Colón Cemetery, named the third most beautiful cemetery in the world by UNSECO, also houses other spectacular funerary monuments, such as the Firemen’s Monument as well as the graves of many famous figures.
Our free tour will end at 12:30 pm at the exit of the Cemetery.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Colón Cemetery entry fee for foreigners 5 CUC (US$ 5).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Corner of Avenida 23 and Calle 12.