Make the most of your stay in Jerez de la Frontera to visit Morocco with this Tangier Day Trip. Explore the picturesque streets of the city and discover its secrets!
Tangier Day Trip
After picking you up at the meeting point, we'll get on a bus to Tarifa and board a ferry across the Strait of Gibraltar to the port of Tangier. The journey will take 75 minutes.
Once we arrive in Tangier, we'll wander around the captivating streets of the Medina, which still preserve the splendour of the commercial era. We'll discover the main attraction in this part of the city, the Souks, where they sell just about any product you can think of. You'll be amazed by some of the Arab crafts that are sold.
At lunchtime, you'll sample local Moroccan appetizers. One will be couscous, a typical North African dish prepared with wheat semolina, rice or corn and usually containing poultry or lamb and vegetables. Another Moroccan staple dish that we'll sample will be the tajin, a stew consisting of meat, vegetables or legumes (drinks are not included).
Then, we'll climb to the top of the citadel or kasbah to admire the views of Tangier. Here, we'll learn about the legends that have been created within its walls dating back to ancient times.
In the afternoon we'll return to the Tangier port to board the ferry and arrive back in Jerez around 10:30 pm.
- You'll need to present a valid passport to enter Tangier.
- Citizens of certain nationalities may require a visa to enter Morocco. If this is the case you must make sure you have all documentation processed. Nationalities which don't require a visa to enter Morocco.
- if you don't have valid documentation on the day you won't be able to travel.
- Students will have to present valid documentation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 138.80
Students up to 25 years oldUS$ 138.80
Children under 4 years old.Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Return transport by bus between Jerez and Tarifa.
Return transport by ferry between Tarifa and Tangier.
Traditional Moroccan lunch.
Drinks during the traditional Moroccan lunch.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Santa María de la Defensión Charterhouse.