Bled's magical castle and lake have been the setting of numerous fairytales throughout history. Let yourself be spellbound by this wonderful area when you take this tour from Ljubljana.
Bled Trip from Ljubljana
We will set off from Ljubljana and head northwards to the picturesque mountain region of the Julian Alps.
After traveling for about an hour, we will arrive at the idyllic area of Bled, one of the most famous destinations in Slovenia. We start our tour of the city with a guided visit of Bled castle. The fortress is perched 400 feet high up on the top of a cliff overlooking the city of the same name. Inside the monument, you will learn all about the notable figures who have lived here over history.
When the tour of the castle has finished, we will descend to the town to enjoy a gentle boat ride to Lake Bled. The journey takes place on board a traditional Slovenian Pletna boat.
Once we have docked at the wharf of the lake, you will have half an hour of your own free time to explore Bled at your own pace or refuel with some delicious local food. You'll also be treated to a tasting of local snacks. Afterward, we will take you back to the Slovenian capital.
The trip does not include the following tourist attractions:
- Bled Castle: € 11 (US$ 13) per person.
- Lake Bled cruise on a traditional Pletna boat: € 15 (US$ 17.70) per person.
These tickets should be purchased in cash on the same day of the tour.
The trip includes pick up from the following central points in Ljubljana:
- The fountain at Grand Hotel Union Business.
- The bus stop on Ilirska street, in front of Hotel Park.
- The entrance to STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Centre).
- The church on Levstikov street.
- Hotel Lev.
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel.
- Hotel Cubo.
- M Hotel.
When making the reservation you must indicate one of the pick points listed above.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 12 years oldUS$ 30.60
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Transport on airconditioned bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Bled Castle (€ 11 (US$ 13) per person).
Traditional Pletna boat cruise on Lake Bled (€ 15 (US$ 17.70) per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).