Surrounded by picturesque villages like Bellagio, Varenna and Tremezzo, Lake Como is one of northern Italy's most beautiful sights. Escape bustling Milan and embrace the tranquillity of the Italian countryside on this day trip.
Lake Como Day Trip Itinerary
Leave Milan city centre at 9 am, heading by bus in the direction of Italy's northern lakes. After around an hour of travel, you'll arrive in the historic centre of Como.
With a history dating back to 196 BC, the city is home to a number of different palaces, churches and monuments. You'll begin your tour admiring the magnificent turquoise domes of the Como Cathedral. Their intense colour stands out in the midst of the red roofs of the urban landscape.
Continue your stroll through Como alongside the port. From here, you'll enjoy spectacular views of Lake Como. On clear days, it's possible to see as far as the mountains of the Swiss Alps that border the opposite side of the lake.
You'll then have the opportunity to ride the funicular railway that connects Como with Brunante, one of the most famous towns that surround the lake. Enjoy the unforgettable panoramic views over Lake Como and the western Alps offered by hilltop Brunante, before having free time to explore the town at your own pace.
In the afternoon, you'll be able to experience views of the area from a new perspective: with a boat trip on Lake Como itself, lasting approximately one hour.
At the end of the day, you'll board your bus again for your return journey to Milan.
Lake Como and Bellagio in Summer
If you want to see Como in the beautiful Summer months, try our summer Excursion to Lake Como and Bellagio.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 46.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
English speaking guide.
Transfers by bus.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Will the boat tour make any stops?
A - No, it's a panoramic tour, where you'll simply enjoy the amazing views of Lake Como
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
18 Via Cusani, on the corner with the Largo Cairoli roundabout.