Discover one of the most iconic landmarks in Paris, located in the artistic district of Montmartre, with this Sacred-Heart Basilica Guided Tour. Admire the architectural work of art and its unique design features.
Sacred Heart Basilica Guided Tour
We'll meet at the Sacred Heart Basilica entrance, which was built in 1875 on the Montmartre Hill. Did you know that it has become one of the most visited tourist attractions in the French capital?
Once there, we'll admire the place of worship's symbolic white façade, where we can see the mixture of Roman and Byzantine architecture. The tour will then lead us inside the impressive monument to spend an hour discovering the basilica and finding out about the history of its construction in memory of those who died in the Franco-Prussian War.
During the tour, we'll explore the central floor of the building, which is shaped like a Greek cross and has four domes, among which the central one stands out at 80 metres (260 feet) tall. Its silhouette can be seen from different points of Paris. We'll also admire the famous Savoyarde, one of the largest bells in France. You'll be captivated by the Sacré Coeur!
Climb up to the dome
If you wish, at the end of the tour you can take the opportunity to climb the central dome of the Sacré Coeur Basilica, where you'll have a beautiful view of Paris from the highest point of the city. The ticket is paid for on the day.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 10 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 10 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
English speaking guide.
One hour guided tour inside the Basilica.
Entrance to the Sacred Heart Basilica's dome (approximately € 6 (US$ 6.80) per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:30 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Sacré Coeur Basilica entrance (Parvis du Sacré-Coeur)