Swim with turtles in Tulum, snorkel in the Caribbean Sea and explore the cenotes of Chikin Ha on this incredible day trip from Riviera Maya. What are you waiting for?
Tulum Snorkel & Cenote Tour Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Riviera Maya, ready for your adventure in some of the most stunning landscapes in the Yucatan Peninsula. Arriving at the paradise Tulum beach, you'll board a boat and set sail on the Caribbean Sea to one of the largest reefs in the world. Jump into the incredible crystal-clear turquoise waters, snorkel with the marine wildlife and even swim with sea turtles!
After enjoying this unforgettable Caribbean snorkelling experience, you'll return to dry land to indulge in a light lunch of sandwiches, a chocolate muffin, fruit and juice. With recharged batteries, you'll head to the next stop on your tour: the Chikin Ha cenotes and caves. Delve deep into the underground world of the Mayans... what mysteries will you discover surrounding this fascinating pre-Columbian civilisation?
You'll visit four different cenotes, which are sinkholes filled with water that form natural pools. In the first two cenotes, you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a refreshing swim in their sparkling waters surrounded by luscious jungle. Feeling relaxed, you'll then embark on a guided tour of the second two cenotes, admiring the curious rock formations, stalactites and stalagmites in the caves while learning about the rituals said to have been performed here by the Mayan people.
Having made the most of Tulum's magnificent natural sights, you'll make the return journey to your hotels in Riviera Maya, where you'll be dropped off around 2:30 pm.
Pick up points
This tour includes pick up and drop off at the main hotels in Riviera Maya. If you're staying in the tourist area in Tulum or the outskirts, you'll have to pay a supplementary charge of 10 USD.
- You must know how to swim to participate in this activity.
- Children under 3 years old may not participate in this tour.
Staying in Cancun?
If you'd prefer, we also offer this tour with pick up from hotels in Cancun.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 54
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned bus with water, soft drinks and fruit on board.
Transport by boat.
Port tax (10 USD per person).
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.