Visit the biggest snow castle in the world on this day trip to Kemi and enjoy a delicious lunch in a local restaurant. You'll be captivated by the incredible fairytale setting, just like something from the Disney fantasy Frozen! What are you waiting for?
Kemi Snow Castle Day Trip
After being picked up from your hotel in Rovaniemi, you'll head southwest in the direction of the port town of Kemi, located on the Bothnian Bay, for a magical day immersed in its frozen landscape.
Having arrived in the town, you'll be taken straight to the famous snow castle. The massive fortress is rebuilt each January by local designers and artists, With an area that has reached up to 5 acres (20,000 square metres), and towers having been built over 65 feet (20 m) in height, this is the largest snow fort in the world. Inside, you'll visit the many different rooms that make up the castle, which is carved in different architectural styles every year. Explore the iconic chapel, to which people travel from all over the world to get married.
You'll see some of the different hotel rooms and visit the art gallery, filled with elaborate ice sculptures reminiscent of a dream world. At the end of your visit, enjoy a delicious lunch of typical dishes from Lapland in the centre of the town.
Kemi isn't only built of ice and snow, and this tour will also take you to visit some of the more permanent landmarks in the town. Visit the beautiful rose-tinted Lutheran Church and stroll alongside the mouth of the River Kemijoki, Finland's longest river.
Following your fascinating tour of Kemi, you'll be taken back to your hotel in Rovaniemi.
Hotel pick up
The tour will begin between 8 am and 10 am. The local tour provider will contact you directly to confirm your exact pick up time. Hotel pick up is included from accommodation located within a 6 mile (10 km) radius of Rovaniemi city centre.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 100.40
Children under 4 years oldFree
5 hours - 6 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Kemi Snow Castle.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).