Salta's monumental centre hosts large architectural gems. Get to know one of the most beautiful cities in Argentina with this walking tour. It's also FREE!
Free Walking Tour of Salta
We will meet up at 16:00 at calle Buenos Aires. From here we will go to the nearby Plaza 9 de Julio: Salta's central point.
There we will observe the exterior architecture of the emblematic monuments of the urban city such as the Architectural Museum of Alta Montaña, the Teatro Provincial Theatre or the Cabildo Histórico. The Catedral Basílica de Salta is also located on this same square. We will visit the inside of the colonial neo-baroque temple. We will take in the Glorias del Norte Pantheon, where the remains of General Martín Miguel de Güemes or Rudecindo Alvarado rest.
Continuing on the free walking tour around Salta we will visit the Basílica Menor and San Francisco Convent church. Did you know that the Campana de la Patria is inside? Its main materials were extracted after the melting of the cannons used in the battle of Salta, in February 1813.
Before heading back to the starting point, we will also pass by other important points of interest in the city such as the legendary Hotel Salta or the avenidas Bicentenario and Belgrano. We will finish the free walking tour at 17:30.
Reservations for more than 6 people are not admitted on this free walking tour. In these situations, we recommend reserving the guided tour around Salta.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Spanish speaking guide specialised in Salta's history
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (4:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Calle Buenos Aires, 45
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.