Explore Costa Rica's animal world in Tortuguero National Park, home to the green turtle it is named after along with many other protected species, such as sloths.
Tortuguero National Park Trip
After picking you up at your hotel, we'll set off with a natural scientist guide to Braulio Carrillo National Park, an extensive area housing a magnificent forest and waterfalls that can be seen from afar.
At over 3,000 metres high, the Barva Volcano will be what takes our breath away. During the tour, we'll also see some of the over 135 animal species that live in the Braulio Carrillo National Park.
We'll stop for a typical Costa Rican breakfast to recharge our batteries. We'll have eggs and the famous gallo pinto, a dish made of beans and rice, along with juice and coffee.
Then we'll continue our tour at the banana plantations, where we'll learn about the growth and exportation process of one of Costa Rica's most important products alongside chocolate and coffee.
Next, we'll board a boat that will sail us off to the Tortuguero National Park, recognised for its rich biological diversity.
The star of the park is the green turtle, but it coexists with many other fascinating animals such as the manatee, the sea cow and the crocodile. And the park is also home to endangered mammals such as sloths, monkeys and white-nosed coati.
At lunchtime, we'll enjoy a delicious traditional meal to recharge our batteries. There'll be a buffet-style menu with a choice of salads, meat, garnish, dessert, coffee and drinks.
After lunch, we'll visit the village of Tortuguero, which is actually a street where only cycling and walking are allowed. We'll also see some bars and restaurants that are popular among residents of this charming place.
At the end of the trip, we'll make our way back to your hotel in San José.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 111.25
Children under 3Free
12 hours 30 minutes.
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Bilingual speaking guide (Spanish/English).
Breakfast and lunch.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 4 days before (San José local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).