Be awestruck by the fascinating archaeological site of Dougga, and the Temple of the Water in Zaghouan, when you take our amazing trip from Tunis. You will discover two of Tunisia's historical gems.
Dougga and Zaghouan Trip
After picking you up from your hotel, we will move to Dougga, in the northwest of Tunisia.
We will start with a guided tour of the amazing archaeological site of Dougga declared UNESCO World Heritage. This is one of the best-preserved ancient cities in North Africa and during the tour, you will see the cultural legacy left behind by the Carthaginian, Roman, and Byzantine empires.
We will visit the spectacular amphitheater of Dougga, which was able to hold more than 3,000 spectators. We will also observe the influence of ancient Rome in front of the Capitol building, a temple dedicated to the deities of Minerva, Juno, and Jupiter. You will encounter the perfectly preserved elegant Roman baths decorated in elegant mosaics.
Next, we head to the nearby town of Tabursuq. There you will have about an hour of your own free time for lunch at a wonderful venue such as the Hotel Thugga. After lunch, we go to the town of Zaghouan, where we will visit the fascinating Roman Water Temple carved into the side of a mountain. This sacred place was built by the emperor Hadrian in honor of the nymphs. From this area of natural springs, water was traditionally transported to Carthage via the aqueduct of Zaghouan.
At the end of our exciting trip, we will take you back to your hotel.
Pick up points and times
The tour includes pick-up from hotels in the following areas of Tunis:
- At 7 am: Susa.
- At 7:30 am: Hammamet and Tunis.
Tickets to enter the archeological site of Dougga and the Roman Water Temple must be purchased at the entrance. The total price of both tickets is about €8.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
PriceThis is a private tour just for you and your friends or family
|Up to 2 people||Up to 4 people||Up to 6 people|
|Private Tour in English||
Private Tour in English
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 222.40
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 244.60
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 266.90
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the museums and monuments (€8 approx.).
Lunch (€10 approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Tunis local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).