Explore northeast Tunisia and immerse yourself in its past at the Bardo Museum and the Archaeological Sites of Carthage.
Trip to Tunis, Carthage & Sidi Bou Said
We'll pick you up from your hotel and set off on our tour of Tunis. We'll start with a guided tour of the Bardo National Museum, which houses archaeological treasures such as one of the world's largest collections of Roman mosaics.
Afterwards, you'll have an hour of free time to explore the famous Medina of Tunis at your leisure and discover the fascinating bazaars of typical crafts. You can also admire the magnificent mosques, palaces and madrasas (schools) in this part of the Tunisian capital.
Next, we'll make our way to the shores of the Mediterranean to visit the Archaeological Site of Carthage. We'll go on a guided tour to marvel at the Punic port, Byrsa hill, and the Baths of Antoninus, followed by a visit to the National Museum of Carthage.
Our last stop of the day will be the nearby coastal town of Sidi Bou Said, where you'll have an hour of free time to have lunch and stroll among its iconic whitewashed buildings with blue doors and windows.
At the end of the trip we'll return to the hotels.
- 7:30 am: Sousse.
- 8 am: Hammamet.
- 9 am: Tunis capital.
- The Bardo National Museum is closed on Mondays. If you book the trip for that day, you'll be given an extra hour of free time to explore Tunis.
- Entry fees to the Bardo Museum and the Carthage archaeological site must be paid at the entrances. The total price of both tickets is around € 10 (US$ 11.30).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organised for you and your partner, friends or family.
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 214.50
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 225.80
Up to 6 peopleUS$ 237.10
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 293.50
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 304.80
Up to 12 peopleUS$ 316.10
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entry fees € 10 (US$ 11.30).
Lunch € 8 (US$ 9).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Tunis local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).