The White Lake, the Strait of Magellan, and King Penguin Park (Parque Pingüino Rey) are just some of the amazing locations on the Isla Grande of Tierra del Fuego. Come with us as we cross the border into Chile and explore the largest island of the famous archipelago over 3 fun-packed days.
3 Day Tour of Tierra del Fuego
We will pick you up at your hotel in Ushuaia at 8 a.m before leaving the city and heading northeast along the picturesque National Route 3. We cross the beautiful Garibaldi Pass and arrive at the small town of Tolhuin, located in the heart of the Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego. We continue along the route, leaving behind the southern forest area and entering the landscapes of the Patagonian steppe.
We will make a brief stop in the town of Rio Grande before heading towards the border between Argentina and Chile. Following the Radman Pass, we arrive at our final destination of the day: Lago Blanco, a remote lake of breathtaking beauty.
After getting set up in the hotel, we will meet again to visit a beaver dam. After enjoying this wonderful spectacle of nature, we return to the accommodation where you have the rest of the afternoon free to eat and rest at your own pace.
We start the day with a delicious breakfast before hitting the road to the west of Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego arriving at Cameron, a picturesque hamlet on the shores of the Strait of Magellan. Here you will find yourself surrounded by colorful Lupine flowers which are native to the region.
From there, we drive north, following the coastline to the King Penguin Park, where you will encounter a colony of these wonderful creatures. In fact, this is the only community of this particular species outside the Antartic.
After, we hit the road again to El Porvenir, a town founded in 1894 by European immigrants who settled here to pan for gold. Then we drop you back at the hotel so you can take a well-earned rest in preparation for the next day.
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, we will head towards the starting point of the tour. On the way, we will make a stop to contemplate an incredible panoramic view of lakes Fagnano and Escondido, the two most famous lakes in Tierra del Fuego.
We will end the 3-day tour again at your hotel in Ushuaia.
This 3-day tour of Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego includes two nights lodging with breakfast in the following hotels:
- Lago Blanco: Hostería Las Lengas.
- El Porvenir: Hotel Barlovento.
Unfortunately, this tour is not available to cruise passengers.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 24 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 3 to 11 years oldUS$ 1,336.50
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in ATV vehicle.
English speaking guide.
2 nights accommodation and breakfast.
2 picnic type lunches.
Non alcoholic drinks.
Tickets to the King Penguin Park.
When to book?
You can book up until 7 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.