If you're in Bariloche and you fancy immersing yourself in nature, why not take this trekking route through Cerro Challhuaco? You'll enjoy a 4x4 experience, you'll hike through the forest, explore a beautiful lagoon and enjoy incredible mountain views.
Trekking & 4x4 Ride at Cerro Challhuaco
We'll pick you up from your hotel at 10:30 am, and then we'll take a thrilling 4x4 ride through the Argentinian countryside. Our destination is the Nahuel Huapi National Park, or more specifically, the base of the Cerro Challhuaco mountain, where we'll arrive after approximately one hour. Are you ready to be at 4265 feet above sea level (1300 metres)?
At the feet of this popular mount, we'll start our hiking route. For two to three hours (depending on the group), we'll climb up the trails of the Cerro Challhuaco. We'll pass through a deciduous tree forest and you'll be able to witness the incredible flora and fauna that surround the area. Plus, if you're lucky, all of this scenery will be snow-capped; it'll look like the perfect winter postcard!
Finally, we'll reach the Laguna Verde viewpoint, where you'll be able to admire the incredible mountain views! We'll take this opportunity to relax and enjoy a typical picnic lunch including a sandwich, a typical alfajor cookie and water.
Did you know that this is the only place in the world where the Challhuaco frog lives? If luck is on your side, you might even get to catch a glimpse of this unique species! Finally, we'll make our way make to Bariloche, where we'll drop you back at your hotel between 3 and 4 pm.
Travelling with Children
Adults that are travelling with children that weigh up to 37.5 pounds (17 kilograms) will have to request special backpacks to carry their children in during the activity.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 3 years old|
Per personUS$ 100
Children under 3 years oldFree
5 - 6 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking multilingual guide.
4x4 ride at Cerro Challhuaco.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.