Bacalar Lagoon, or the Lake of Seven Colours, is one of the most spectacular natural attractions on the Yucatan Peninsula. Discover its magic on this tour from Cancun!
Bacalar Lake of Seven Colours Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in Cancun, we'll set off in the direction of the famous Bacalar Lagoon, also known as the "Lake of Seven Colours" for the different colours of its waters. During the bus journey, you'll be served a light breakfast to keep you going for the day's adventure.
Arriving in the picturesque town of Bacalar, we'll head to the shores of the lake where a boat will be waiting for us. Climbing aboard, we'll set sail across the lagoon for a peaceful cruise that will allow us to better appreciate the vivid tones of the waters.
You'll have free time to take a refreshing dip in the lake, as well as having the opportunity to bathe in the nearby cenotes of Negro, Cocalito and Perla. Not far from here, we'll get to see the stromatolites of Bacalar. These rock formations covered in constantly-growing bacteria look like coral reefs in the lake.
We'll then head into the town of Bacalar itself, where we'll enjoy a delicious lunch of typical local delicacies. In the afternoon, after eating, we'll embark on a guided tour of the town centre, where monuments like the San Felipe Fortress stand out.
At the end of the day, we'll return to Cancun and you'll be dropped back off at your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 129
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Boat trip on Lake Bacalar.
Traditional Mexican lunch.
Tour of Bacalar.
10 USD fee to enter the nature reserve.
10 USD dock fee.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.