Discover some of the most important cities in Slovenia with this day trip from Ljubljana. We'll take you to Maribor, Ptuj and Žalec, plus an expert guide will explain the most important details about each place.
Day Trip to Maribor, Ptuj & Zalec
We'll pick you up at 8:30 am and we'll make our way to our first stop: Maribor, in the Stajerska region. Not only is this one of the most important winemaking regions in Slovenia, but Maribor is also one of the country's most notable cities.
We'll get to Maribor at around 10:30 am and we'll then take a guided tour to discover the most emblematic monuments and sights. We'll start the tour on the northern bank of the River Drava and from there we'll see the Jewish Tower, the main square and Slomšek square, which is home to the impressive Cathedral.
Before leaving the city, you'll have the chance to see the oldest vine in the world. It's over 400 years old! Plus, you'll also have an hour and a half free time to get lunch in one of the local restaurants.
Next, we'll get back on the coach and we'll head to Ptuj. This is the oldest city in Slovenia! We'll climb up to the castle to enjoy breathtaking views over the city, and we'll also visit a winery and enjoy a regional wine tasting.
From wine to beer... we'll then visit Žalec, home to Europe's first public beer fountain. Yep, you read that correctly! Located in a public park, this "fountain" has six taps of Slovenian craft beer for locals and tourists alike to enjoy. Cheers! Or ‘Na zdravje!’, as they say in Slovenian!
We'll then return to Ljubljana at 7 pm.
We will pick you up from one of the following hotels:
- Grand Hotel Union, Mikloshicheva cesta 1.
- B&B Hotel Ljubljana Park, Tabor 9.
- InterContinental Ljubljana, Slovenska cesta 59.
- Hotel Lev, Voshnjakova ulica 1.
- City Hotel Ljubljana, Dalmatinova ulica 15.
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana, Bratislavska cesta 8.
- M Hotel, Dercheva ulica 4.
- Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, Dunajska cesta 154.
- Hotel Cubo, Slovenska cesta 15.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 14 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 14 years oldUS$ 53.70
10 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned coach.
Entrance to Ptuj castle (6 euros per person).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.