Fall in love with the beautiful Italian city of Trieste as you explore the medieval streets on this day trip from Ljubljana.
Day Trip to Trieste
We'll pick you up at 8:30 am and head towards Trieste. Located in the north of Italy, this city has been influenced by its location at the crossroads of Latin, Slavic and Germanic cultures and is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Mediterranean.
After a two-hour journey, we'll reach Trieste and we'll start to explore its most emblematic places. We'll visit the San Guisto area, the medieval part of the city. This is the oldest part of Trieste, and here we'll be able to admire the San Guisto castle and cathedral.
We'll keep walking towards Piazza Unità d'Italia (Unity of Italy Square), the most important square in the city. The majestic buildings and restaurants are sure to make an impression! The town hall, Government Palace and the Palazzo Modello are all incredible buildings that stand tall here.
We'll continue our visit, seeing the Piazza della Borsa and the Chamber of Commerce. Then, you'll have two and a half hours of free time to explore at your own pace and to get lunch; no trip to Italy is complete without enjoying the wonderful cuisine! We also recommend checking out the famous James Joyce statue.
We'll meet again at 3 pm and head to one of the must-sees in Trieste; the Miramare Castle (entrance not included). This fortress belonged to the Habsburg Empire and currently houses a museum on the same subject.
At 5 pm we'll start our journey back to Ljubljana, where we'll arrive at about 6:30 pm.
We will pick you up from one of the following hotels:
- Grand Hotel Union, Mikloshicheva cesta 1.
- B&B Hotel Ljubljana Park, Tabor 9.
- InterContinental Ljubljana, Slovenska cesta 59.
- Hotel Lev, Voshnjakova ulica 1.
- City Hotel Ljubljana, Dalmatinova ulica 15.
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Ljubljana, Bratislavska cesta 8.
- M Hotel, Dercheva ulica 4.
- Austria Trend Hotel Ljubljana, Dunajska cesta 154.
- Hotel Cubo, Slovenska cesta 15.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 14 years old|
|Day trip in English||
Day trip in English
Children under 14 years oldUS$ 48
10 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned bus.
Entrance to Miramare Castle (12 euros per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.