If you're in Malia, don't miss this excursion to the city of Heraklion, the capital of Crete. You'll also discover the different species and ecosystems of the Mediterranean at the CretAquarium!
Heraklion & CretAquarium Tour
At 8:30 am on the morning of the tour, we will pick you up from your hotel in Malia. From there, we'll hit the road for Heraklion, the capital of Crete, where we will discover the influences left behind by the Byzantines, the Ottomans and the Venetians on a guided tour.
Our guide will take us through the city to the Koules Fortress, a defensive fortification situated in the port. There, we'll uncover the secrets of this fort built by the Venetians during their prime.
The tour will continue on through the center of the city, where we'll find Lions Square, Vikelaia Municipal Library, the Loggia, the Municipal Art Gallery and some of the city's most prized religious sites, including Agia Ekaterini Church and the Agios Minas Cathedral.
After making our way through Heraklion, we'll head to the CretAquarium, the first large aquarium on the island. Here, you'll learn all about the underwater world of Crete! We'll admire the different species that inhabit this area of the Mediterranean, including sharks, tuna fish, turtles, manta rays and more.
At the end of the tour, we will return to Malia and you will be dropped off at your hotel, arriving around 4 pm.
This activity includes pickup from hotels in Malia, Stalis, Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Chani, Kateros, Heraklión and Ammoudara – Heraklión.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 63% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 9.10
Children under 4 years oldFree
7 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Hotel pickup and return.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Cretaquarium: € 10 (US$ 12.20) per adult & € 6 (US$ 7.30) per child.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.