Discover the legend of the Cretan Minotaur on this excursion to the Palace of Knossos. You'll also visit Lasithi Plateau, where you'll find the Cave of Zeus. A fascinating way to explore the island!
Palace of Knossos & Lasithi Plateau Excursion
At 7:30 am on the morning of the tour, you will be picked up from your hotel in Malia. We will head towards Heraklion to visit the Palace of Knossos, one of the most emblematic sites in Crete!
Journey back in time as you wander through the palace complex belonging to the former King Minos, boasting over 1,500 interconnected rooms. As you explore the throne room, the royal quarters and the stone theater, you'll learn all about the legend of the Cretan Minotaur.
You'll also see the stunning murals conserved inside, the most important remnants of the Minoans, who were considered Europe's most sophisticated ancient culture. Once we have made our way through the Palace of Knossos, we will return to the bus and go to Lasithi Plateau to get a taste of Crete's natural beauty.
We'll stop at the Keras Kardiotissas Monastery, famous for its mural paintings, and then continue to the interior of Lasithi to see the iconic windmills from the Venetian era.
On the final stretch of the excursion, we will visit Diktaean Cave, also known as the Cave of Zeus. As the legend goes, this cave is said to be where the king of the Greek gods was born. After marveling at the magic and mysticism of the grotto, the group will visit the small village of Tzermiado, where you will have an hour of free time to get a bite to eat at a local restaurant.
At the end of the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel in Malia, arriving around 6:30 pm.
This tour includes pickup from hotels in Malia, Stalis, Hersonissos, Analipsi, Anissaras, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Chani, Kateros, Heraklion and Ammoudara – Heraklion.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 63% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 7-12 years old||Children under 7 years old|
Children 7-12 years oldUS$ 27.90
Children under 7 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
Hotel pickup and return.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Palace of Knossos: € 15 (US$ 18.20) per person.
Entrance to the Cave of Zeus: € 6 (US$ 7.30) per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.