Pere Lachaise Cemetary is the resting place for many notable figures from the past, such as Oscar Wilde and Edith Piaf. Discover the world's most famous graveyard when you take our fantastic tour.
Père Lachaise Cemetery Tour
We will meet next to the Philippe Auguste metro station, close to the Père Lachaise cemetery. From there it's just a few meters to the entrance of one of the most famous cemeteries in the world.
Once inside, we'll begin our two-hour guided tour during which you will delve into the history surrounding the captivating graveyard and discover the tombs of famous people such as singer Edith Piaf, actor Yves Montand, and composer Chopin. Did you know that this idyllic corner of the city is the largest green space in the French capital?
During the tour of the Père Lachaise cemetery, we will visit the tomb of Jim Morrison, lead singer of the rock band The Doors, and the tomb of the Irish writer Oscar Wilde, whose grave is completely covered with the marks of kisses.
Along the route, you will hear all the fascinating legends and mysteries surrounding one of the most enigmatic locations in Paris. Rumours abound that some restless souls have been seen creeping through the neighbourhood streets in the dead of night.
The tour will come to an end at the Père Lachaise cemetery.
The tour may be given in multiple languages when the size of the group is small.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Guide in English.
Entry to the Père Lachaise cemetery.
Drinks and Meals.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (10:30 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Philippe Auguste metro station.