Follow the footsteps of the famous explorer Christopher Columbus and tour the places in Huelva where he prepared his voyage to America. You'll also see inside the three replicas of the famous caravels.
Christopher Columbus Trail in Huelva
We'll pick you up from your hotel in Punta Umbría at the arranged time and begin our Christopher Columbus Trail, following the footsteps of the historical explorer around the province of Huelva.
Our starting point will be Palos de la Frontera, the town where Columbus prepared his new route to the Indies. As you already know, on his voyage aboard three caravels, he ended up discovering America, the new world.
We'll be given an overview of this historical period in the Rábida Friary, a temple built between the 14th and 15th centuries where the Genoese sailor planned his route before presenting it to the Court of Catholic Monarchs.
From the friary we'll head to the Wharf of the Caravels, the most exciting part of our Christopher Columbus Trail. It's an exact recreation of the port where the la Pinta, la Niña and la Santa María caravels set off on 3rd August 1492. At the Wharf we'll be able to see three exact replicas of the ships used at the time.
To finish the Christopher Columbus Trail around Huelva, we'll visit the Isla del Encuentro and the 15th-century port. Can you imagine what the Spanish sailors found when they arrived in San Salvador? We'll get the chance to walk in their shoes.
Lastly we'll return to the bus and head back to the hotels in Punta Umbría.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 10||Children under 3|
|English language tour||
English language tour
Children between 4 and 10US$ 22.70
Children under 3Free
The tour includes a multilingual escort that speaks English.
Local expert guide in art and history.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Tickets to monuments.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).