This full-day combo walking-tour is the best way to discover two of Rome’s most impressive areas. Discover several of the city’s most fascinating attractions in just six hours.
Explore some of Rome’s most-visited sights led by an expert guide and walk straight into the Vatican Museums, Colosseum, Roman Forum and the Palatine with priority access.
Follow the knowledgeable guide on a captivating tour around the Vatican City and discover three of its most unique treasures:
- Vatican Museums.
- Sistine Chapel.
- St Peter's Basilica.
And as well as the historical explanation, your guide will tell stories of betrayal and even lust! If you wish you can climb up to St Peter's Dome during the hour and a half of free time.
The dress code to enter St Peter’s Basilica is quite strict. Men and women must have their shoulders and knees covered. It is preferable for men to wear long trousers.
After visiting the Vatican City, you’ll have time to eat at your own leisure and then meet your guide in the afternoon to continue the visit. The afternoon tour's itinerary is the same as the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine guided tour. You’ll visit the following landmarks:
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
The tour ends at 4 pm.
- St Peter’s Basilica has a very strict dress code. Women and men must cover their shoulders and must wear shorts or skirts that cover their knees.
- Please note that St Peter’s Basilica and/or the Sistine Chapel can close without prior notice. If this should happen on the day of your visit, you will have more time to explore other parts included in the guided tour. During Easter week St. Peter's Basilica may close for important ceremonies.
- This offer includes reserved tickets: you will visit the monuments with priority access, skipping the ticket office lines.
- This activity cannot be taken with a wheelchair, nor with pushchairs/strollers. In this case we advise that you book a private tour of Rome.
- People with disabilities who want to excercise their right to free entry should head to the reception of the Vatican Museums presenting the documentation that accredits your condition. If this is approved, you'll be refunded the cost of this ticket.
- Without pick up: you should make your own way to the meeting point both in the morning and afternoon. We recommend taking the matreo to the Vatican (line A - Ottaviano) and to the Colosseum (Line B - Colosseo)
- With pick up and transfer: this tour includes pick up at your hotel an hour before the start time, and transfer from the Vatican to the Colosseum, with time to eat in between. This service is available for all accommodation in an 8 km radius of the meeting point. The tour ends at the Colosseum and does not include return transport to your hotel.
Other activities in The Vatican
You can see other activities in The Vatican with the following link.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
|Tour without pick up||
US$ 109.40 US$ 103.90
US$ 83.10 US$ 72.20
|Tour with pick up and transfer||
US$ 131.30 US$ 125.80
US$ 105 US$ 94.10
Tour without pick up
AdultsUS$ 109.40 US$ 103.90
Children from 6 to 12US$ 83.10 US$ 72.20
Children under 6Free
Tour with pick up and transfer
AdultsUS$ 131.30 US$ 125.80
Children from 6 to 12US$ 105 US$ 94.10
Children under 6Free
9 hours 30 minutes - 10 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Full day tour with priority access to the Vatican Museums, St Peter’s Basilica, Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Expert English speaking guide.
Individual headsets during the tour.
Pick up at the hotel and transportation to the Colosseum (optional).
5% discount on the official ticket price.
Climbing up St Peter's Basilica's dome.
Drop off at hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (11:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How long is the rest time between tours?
A - Rest depends on thetime of year, in summer it's normally 3 hours and in the winter an hour and a half. The exact time of the colosseum tour will be confirmed on the day of the tour.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
Viale Giulio Cesare 229, in front of the Giulio Cesare cinema (A Ottaviano Metro)