Step into the historical, architectural and artistic legacy of the unique Italian city-state with this Vatican Private Tour. You'll visit the Vatican Museums, view the incredible frescoes in the Sistine Chapel and tour St. Peter's Basilica. Just for you and your partner, family or friends.
Vatican Private Tour
After picking you up at your hotel in Rome or meeting at Viale Giulio Cesare, we'll head into Vatican City.
Our first stop will be the Vatican Museums to take a tour of different historical periods, going back to Ancient Greece. Tapestries, sculptures, cartographic maps, floats, sarcophagi, canvases... Without a doubt one of the largest museum collections in the world.
One of the most special moments of the tour will be when we enter the Sistine Chapel, an authentic treasure. The conclave meets in this symbolic locations when the Catholic Chuch's College of Cardinals must elect a new Pope. A visit you'll never forget.
Next, we'll visit the interior of St. Peter's Basilica, one of the most important locations for Catholicism where we'll admire numerous artistic beauties. From the realism of the sculptural group of Pieta, by Michelangelo, to the famous baroque baldachin by Bernini.
Once we leave the basilica we'll be amazed by St. Peter's Square and its beautiful atmosphere. The rows of columns bordering the square, sculptures of angels and saints, the great obelisk... you'll be amazed.
After three hours, the tour will end in St. Peter's Square.
To guarantee safety regarding Covid-19, throughout August 2020 access to St. Peter's Basilica from the Sistine Chapel will be closed, therefore we will not visit the Basilica during the tour. Entrance, however, is free, and you can access it from St. Peter's Square.
Advantages of booking a private tour
By booking a private tour, not only will you have a guide exclusively for you, but you can also modify the itinerary to get to know the areas that most attract your attention. Moreover, if you're a large group, you'll save money.
Hotel pick up
You can book a hotel pick up if you're staying less than 12 kilometres from the Vatican. We'll pick you up 45 minutes before the start of the activity and end the tour in St. Peter's Square. The return transfer is not included.
If one or more of the group members uses a wheelchair, the group may not exceed 4 people.
Do you want to make the most of your visit to the Italian capital? Discover other activities in the Vatican and private tours in Rome.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This tour is carried out privately for you and your partner, family or friends. Children under 5 years old can visit for free, so it isn't necessary to count them at the time of booking.
Private tour without hotel pick up
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 147.30
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 176.80
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 235.70
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 294.70
Private tour with hotel pick up
Up to 2 peopleUS$ 194.50
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 223.90
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 312.40
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 430.20
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up in a private vehicle (depending on the option chosen).
English speaking guide.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no more people in the group.
Entry to the Vatican Museums: € 17 (US$ 20) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).
Viale Giulio Cesare, 229.