Discover the ruins in Cartago on this trip to the magnificent Irazu Volcano, and then enjoy a boat ride down the Sarapiqui River.
Cartago, Irazu Volcano & Sarapiqui River Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in San José, we'll go to the ruins in Cartago, where the remains of the unfinished temple of Santiago Apóstol Parish Ruins can be found.
They are located in the Plaza Mayor, where there are still walls and staircases from a Romanesque building. You'll be surprised to learn that this building is not in ruins but in fact a work that was never finished.
Then we'll set off for the Irazu Volcano, the only place in Costa Rica where you can see both the Atlantic and the Pacific Ocean on a sunny day. Here we'll enjoy a typical Costa Rican breakfast as we admire the impressive views.
Our next stop will be the Old Town of Sarapiqui, where we'll hop on a boat and sail down the Sarapiqui River. During the hour and a half cruise, we'll see some of the area's protected species such as crocodiles, caimans and toucans.
When our boat ride comes to an end, we'll head to a private reserve where we'll recharge our batteries with a delicious meal that is typical of the region.
Lastly, we'll visit the Butterfly Garden, where we'll not only see butterflies but also see a collection of snakes and frogs, as well as a botanical garden.
After enjoying a cup of coffee in the Braulio Carrillo National Park, we'll return to your hotel in San José.
The menu includes rice, beans, salad, meat (chicken, fish or pork), mince, plantain and juice. If you want a vegetarian or gluten-free menu, you must specify this when you book.
The tour includes pick up and drop off to and from the main hotels in San José. If the hotel is located further out, you'll be told where to meet.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 8 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 8 years oldUS$ 106.50
Children under 2 years oldUS$ 20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Breakfast and lunch.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.