If you want to venture into the Costa Rican jungle and enjoy an adrenaline-filled experience, don't miss the chance to go rafting and abseiling on the Balsa River.
Rafting and Abseiling on the Balsa River
After picking you up from your hotel in Arenal, we'll head to the area of Arenal Volcano, the second most active volcano in Costa Rica and home to many animal species such as sloths.
After being given instructions, we'll begin our exciting descent down waterfalls of up to 60 metres high. Are you ready for this adrenaline-filled activity?
We'll be accompanied by an instructor who'll guide us throughout the activities.
Before we know it, we'll have reached the bottom of the waterfall and will be climbing into our boats to start rafting. We'll row down the Balsa River, admiring the Costa Rican rainforest as we go.
At the end, we'll take a well-deserved break to recover our strength with a delicious Costa Rican meal. The menu includes rice, beans, salad, chicken, meat or fish and soft drink in a local restaurant.
Once the activity is over, we'll take you back to your hotel in Arenal.
- Children under the age of 6, people weighing over 125 kg, people who have recently had an operation, people with heart problems and pregnant women are not allowed to do this tour.
- You will have to sign a disclaimer.
The tour includes pick up and drop off to and from the main hotels in Arenal. If the hotel is located further out than the La Fortuna area or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, you'll be told where to meet.
White Water Rafting on the Sarapiqui River
If you enjoyed rafting and you'd like to do it again, check out this white water rafting activity on the Sarapiqui River.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 155
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.