Be amazed by Costa Rican wildlife while enjoying a relaxing boat ride along the Frio River in the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge.
Boat Tour of the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
After picking you up from your hotel in Arenal, we'll head to the town of Los Chiles, located on the border with Nicaragua. There, we'll board a boat that will take us along the Frío River to the Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge.
On our cruise through the over ten thousand hectares of the Caño Negro reserve, we'll see some of the migratory and endangered species that inhabit the area. If we're lucky, we'll be able to spot some fascinating creatures such as the needlefish or the gaspar fish that can only be seen in this area.
During the ride we'll notice the tropical rainforest climate. There is considerable rainfall between the months of May and January and the temperature ranges between 25º and 27º throughout the year.
At the end of the boat ride we'll recharge our batteries with a delicious Costa Rican meal before taking you back to your hotel in Arenal.
The tour includes pick up and drop off to and from the main hotels in Arenal. If the hotel is located further out than the La Fortuna area or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, you'll be told where to meet.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 11 years old||Children under 6|
Children between 6 and 11 years oldUS$ 41.50
Children under 6Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.