Do you want to learn how to prepare traditional food from Patagonia? Discover how to make Patagonian lamb and empanadas in this fantastic cooking workshop in El Calafate. This is a treat for all aspiring Chefs.
What to expect from the experience?
In the evening. we meet up at a charming local restaurant in the center of El Calafate where our brilliant cooking workshop will take place.
Accompanied by a professional chef, you will learn to prepare two traditional Patagonian recipes and then later you can taste your freshly made dishes - a delicious treat for all your hard work in the kitchen.
Before firing up the stove, we will head into the restaurant's orchard where you can choose the fresh fruit and vegetables to use in your salad garnish.
Once in the kitchen, you will learn the steps to making an authentic Argentinian empanada. The main ingredient is lamb, although there are also vegetarian options available too. Please let us know when making the reservation if you require special dietary requirements.
Then it's time to prepare the Patagonian lamb roast. This idyllic region in southern Argentina is known as producing the best lamb meat in the country. You will learn the traditional way to cook it in the embers of the fire and accompanied by chimichurri sauce.
While the lamb is roasting, we will enjoy a delicious glass of regional wine. When it's ready, we will then enjoy all the dishes we have prepared and even a dessert. The activity finally comes to an end at 10 pm with our taste buds satisfied and having learned all about the wonderful cuisine of Argentine.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 24 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 18|
|Patagonian Cooking Class||
US$ 69 US$ 57
Patagonian Cooking Class
Per personUS$ 69 US$ 57
Children under 18not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking class.
Ingredients and kitchen utensils.
Argentine empanada class.
Roast lamb class.
Patagonian meal prepared by yourself.
Dessert: flan with dulce de leche.
Drinks: water and wine.
17% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle Rio Santa Cruz, 2176.