If you're the adventurous type, this activity is for you. You'll be able to go rafting down the Vueltas river in El Chaltén. You're guaranteed to have fun!
Rafting in El Calafate
We'll pick you up from your hotels at 8 am and set off on a three-hour journey to El Chaltén.
When we arrive, the guides will give you a picnic and show you different trails you can enjoy in the morning before starting the rafting activity. You'll be able to enjoy a blissful morning admiring the area's nature until 2:50 pm.
Now the adventure begins! We'll head to the Vueltas river, where you'll receive a brief theory class on basic safety rules.
Now to put the theory into practice. First of all, we'll enjoy 6 kilometres of calm water, admiring magnificent views of Mount Fitz Roy at over 3000 metres high. You'll be able to take advantage of this quiet stretch to gain confidence with the oars. But... don't get too confident! Suddenly, the rapids will hit you. You'll have to fight against them for 9 kilometres before reaching the last small stretch of calm water where you can catch your breath let your heart rate lower. The rafting experience lasts about two hours in total.
You did it! At the end of the activity, we'll pick you up and take you back to El Calafate, arriving by around 8:30 pm.
Anyone can do it! You don't need any previous rafting experience to enjoy this adventure. The rapids are medium difficulty (category III). You'll have all the necessary equipment and safety measures to make the most of the activity.
- The maximum capacity of the rafts is 8 people.
- On each ride down the river, there will be no more than 15 people, i.e. no more than two rafts.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must be able to swim to take part.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 12 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 180
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Rafting for 2 hours.
English and Spanish speaking instructor.
Necessary rafting equipment: thermal suit, dry suit and boots.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).