See Liverpool through the eyes of its most famous band, exploring the streets and bars where the Beatles first made their name and discover the relationship between the city, WWII and the Titanic.
Beatles to the Blitz Walking Tour
After meeting at St George's Hall at the scheduled time, you'll begin your guided tour of Liverpool, the birthplace of the Beatles. In the sixties, these four young Brits changed the history of music forever thanks to their pop rock songs and their enormous fanbase. You'll explore the places where the band first started as you learn interesting facts about the famous quartet. Why were they called the Beatles? How did they meet? What was their first big success?
Your route will first take you past Lime Street train station; the immense Liverpool Cathedral, the largest religious building in Britain; St James Cemetery and Chinatown. Continuing the route, you'll arrive at Hope Street, the site of the city's most photographed monument. "A Case History" is a pile of concrete-cast suitcases, each of which belong to an important historical figure from the area. Learn all about the impact these icons had on the British city.
The Beatles' success was marked by their unprecedented fan following, which became known as Beatlemania. As you explore the different places that marked the childhood and adolescence of the musicians, your guide will entertain you with anecdotes and tales of the best concerts performed by the most influential band in history.
Delve deep into the history and culture that saturates the iconic city of Liverpool, learning all about World War II, the Titanic, and its rock n roll legacy.
- We won't enter any monument but we'll visit the exterior of the monument.
- 3 children are allowed free per booking, as long as the total number of people booked doesn't exceed 10.
The Beatles Tour
If you're a true Beatles fan and want to do a themed tour, you can book our Beatles Tour of Liverpool.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 70% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Students with valid student card||Children under 13 years old|
Students with valid student cardUS$ 9.70
Children under 13 years oldFree
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to monuments.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
St George’s Hall.