Explore the Caldas mountains and discover the breathtaking nature in the surroundings of Medellín on this horseback ride that includes a traditional lunch!
Caldas Horseback Ride
We'll pick you up in Medellin at 10 am or we we'll meet in Caldas Central Park at 11 am, depending on your booking, ready to set off on a horseback ride through the mountains.
On the ride we'll discover some of the most beautiful landscapes around Medellín, heading along ecological trails surrounded by magnificent Colombian nature.
When we arrive at the Mirador el Gordo viewpoint, we'll make a half an hour stop so you can get off your horses and enjoy the spectacular views.
What's more, we'll have lunch at the viewpoint's restaurant so you can continue enjoying the panoramic view while you try the famous bandeja paisa, one of the most typical dishes in the region of Antioquia that consists of rice, beans, meat and fried eggs.
The ride will end at the entrance to Caldas Central Park at 1 pm or we'll drop you off in Medellín for around 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 14 and 18 years old||under 14|
|Tour without pick up||
|Tour with pick up||
Tour without pick up
Children between 14 and 18 years oldUS$ 20.80
under 14not admitted
Tour with pick up
Children between 14 and 18 years oldUS$ 27.70
under 14not admitted
2 hours - 4 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Pick up and drop off (depending on booking).
Transport by minibus (depending on booking).
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Typical sombrero and poncho.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).