Do you want to go to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana in just 30 minutes? Don't miss the opportunity with this day tour to Santo Domingo by plane accompanied by an English speaking guide. You'll visit the Columbus Alcazar, the cathedral and many more important monuments.
Santo Domingo Day Tour by Plane
We'll pick you up from your hotels between 6 and 7 am, and head to Punta Cana airport where the plane will be waiting to take us to Santo Domingo.
After 35 minutes, we'll land at 8:10 am and a minibus will be at the terminal to take us to Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone. Then, we'll spend two hours being guided around the Columbus Alcazar and the Santo Domingo Cathedral. Did you know that this place of worship is one of the oldest Catholic buildings in Latin America?
We'll wander around the old town of the Dominican capital. In particular, we'll focus on Las Damas street where there are several historic buildings including the Hernán Cortés house, the Chapel of Our Lady of Remedies, the Casas Reales Museum and more. You'll then have an hour and a half of free time to continue exploring the city or go shopping.
Afterwards, we'll stop to have lunch at a local restaurant which will including a main meal and a drink. We'll sample a traditional dish including rice, beans, stewed meat, avocado and fried banana. If you have any food allergies or dietary requirements you should state this at the time of booking.
Finally, we'll get on the bus to the next stop: Agora shopping centre. After an hour and a half of free time, we'll go back to Santo Domingo airport to get a flight back to Punta Cana at 4:30 pm. We'll then drop you off at your hotels at 6 pm.
The maximum weight to board the plane is 136 kilograms per person (300 pounds).
Santo Domingo Day Trip
If you'd like to go to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana with the cheaper option or you just prefer road travel you can book the Santo Domingo Day Trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
US$ 242 US$ 219
Tour in English
AdultsUS$ 242 US$ 219
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
Plane tickets between Punta Cana and Santo Domingo.
English speaking guide.
Transport by car or minibus.
Entry to the Columbus Alcazar.
Lunch: Main meal and a drink.
10% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).