Huskies are one of the most iconic dog breeds of Northern European countries. Get to know these beautiful creatures visiting a farm where they live, and experience a traditional dog sled ride!
Husky Kennel Visit
Following your hotel pick up, you'll leave the city centre behind and head into the snow-silenced expanse of forest which covers Lapland. After around a 30 minute bus journey, you'll arrive at your destination, ready to make some very special new friends.
Fifteen miles (25 km) outside of Rovaniemi, the Siberian Husky park allows visitors to get to know these adorable dogs up close and personal. Discover fascinating facts about the breed, famous for their thick black, white and grey fur coats and their almost wolf-like appearance, and see how the farm cares for their particular needs and preferences. Did you know that huskies are one of the oldest dog breeds in the world?
Spend time with the beautiful dogs, including feeding and playing with them in their natural snowy habitat. Their handlers will also give you basic instructions on how to drive a sled pulled by huskies. Head to the reigns for this incredible experience!
After your sleigh ride, you'll enjoy a traditional snack and drink from this area of Finland while you learn yet more information about your new furry four-pawed pals. At the end of the activity, you'll return to your hotel in Rovaniemi.
Hotel pick up
Hotel pick up is included from accommodation located within a 6 mile (10 km) radius of Rovaniemi city centre. The local tour provider will contact you directly to confirm your exact pick up time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 14 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children between 4 and 14 years oldUS$ 65.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
English speaking guide.
Visit to a husky farm.
Ride in a sled pulled by huskies.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How long is the husky sled ride?
A - The ride is for 700 metres, the time itself depends on the speed of the dogs.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).