Travel through time and discover the history of Galicia including its customs and traditions with this tour Pobo Galego Museum Tour in Santiago de Compostela.
Pobo Galego Museum Tour
We'll meet at 11 am at the entrance to the Museo do Pobo Galego, one of the most visited museums in Santiago de Compostela and the most important for Galician culture.
When we're all there, we'll start the tour by talking about the building that houses the museum, the old convent of Santo Domingo de Bonaval. Did you know that here in the pantheon you'll find some illustrious Galicians? Characters like Rosalía de Castro, Ramón Cabanillas and Castelao rest in this historical convent.
As we go through the rooms of the Museum of the Galician People we'll discover the typical crops of the region, its typical costumes and its extensive seafaring tradition. You'll get to know the Galician boats, see wooden clogs and learn the trade of the famous palilleiras of Camariñas.
You'll also have the opportunity to see Galician tambourines and bagpipes in the traditional music room. The guided tour of the museum will also take you to the triple baroque helicoidal staircase, whose unique architecture will surprise you!
Finally, we'll go into the church of the old convent of Santo Domingo, where we'll say goodbye after two hours visiting the Museo do Pobo Galego.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||University students and retired persons||Children under 5 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
University students and retired personsUS$ 12
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to the Museo do Pobo Galego.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Pobo Galego Museum