Discover the local flavours of the Bulgarian capital with this Sofia Food Tour. Visit the most important culinary points around the city and taste up to five traditional products!
Sofia Food Tour
We'll meet at 12:30 pm in front of the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia to start the food tour. Before finding out what the Bulgarian capital tastes like, we'll go into the impressive second-largest cathedral in the Balkans.
Following on, as we walk around the city we'll taste its most traditional products. During the tour, we'll stop at the St. George Church and St. Sophia Church, the oldest in the city. The tour will also take us to The Largo, an architectural complex of three buildings, the former House of the Bulgarian Communist Party, the Council of Ministers of Bulgaria and the Office of the President.
As the guide leads us around the local gastronomy, we'll try the salty yoghurt Ayran and the Banitsa, a traditional Bulgarian roll that will make your mouth water. We'll also have the opportunity to taste the local beer, the salami, homemade bread and the Shopksa salad, a recipe with a tomato and cucumber base.
Before finishing, we'll take the opportunity to visit the ruins of the old city of Serdica and the cathedral of the Holy King, two emblematic buildings in Sofia!
The tour will end at 4 pm in the city centre.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 53.10
Children under 3 years oldFree
3 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
5 food tastings.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral