Mountains, valleys and glaciers: discover the Bernese Oberland, one of the most beautiful regions of Switzerland, on this day trip to the Kleine Scheidegg mountain pass.
Kleine Scheidegg Day Trip Itinerary
Departing from the meeting point in Lucerne at 9 am, your bus will take you to Interlaken, a town named for its unique location between the two lakes of Brienz and Thun. After a brief stop in the picturesque town in the heart of Switzerland's Jungfrau region, you'll continue onwards to Grindelwald, a popular mountain resort.
In Grindelwald, you'll climb aboard the cogwheel train for the unforgettable ride up to Kleine Scheidegg, a mountain pass located at over 6,700 feet (more than 2000 metres) above sea level. You'll travel through stunning Alpine landscapes with the north face of the dramatic Eiger mountain seeming to be within arm's reach.
Having reached Kleine Scheidegg, you'll have four hours of free time to enjoy your Alpine experience. As well as admiring the spectacular panoramic views, you'l have the opportunity to delve even deeper into the mountains. Set off on one of the excellent hiking routes, like the Jungfrau Eiger Walk, from which you'll be able to see the incredible Eiger glacier and the iconic triple peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.
There will also be time for you to indulge in a delicious local lunch in one of the typical restaurants in the area (not included).
At the end of the afternoon, meet back up with your guide to take the cogwheel train down to Lauterbrunnen. Travel through the beautiful mountain village of Wengen, another famous tourist destination, before continuing your journey to Lucerne by bus, arriving back at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 6 and 15 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children between 6 and 15 years oldUS$ 70.50
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
Cogwheel train tickets.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).