Travel back in time to the colonial city of Antigua Guatemala on this day trip from Guatemala City that will also take you to relax at the Kawilal Hot Springs. What are you waiting for?
Antigua Guatemala & Hot Springs Day Trip
First thing in the morning on the day of the excursion, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Guatemala City and head for the former colonial capital. After about an hour's drive, we will reach the majestic Antigua Guatemala, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
As we wander through the lively, colourful streets we'll come face to face with the colonial heritage of this picturesque city. We'll begin visiting Parque Central, historically the main square of the city and located in the heart of Antigua Guatemala. Here we'll find the Palace of the Captain General, where our English speaking guide will take the opportunity to tell us all about the urban planning programmes that Spain applied to its colonies.
Not far from here, we'll see the Cathedral of Antigua. We'll stop to admire its beautiful Baroque façade, before continuing onwards to the Santa Catalina Arch, an iconic yellow construction that is one of the most recognisable monuments of the city.
We'll then leave the city behind and make our way to Lake Amatitlán for a well-deserved Guatemalan lunch. After renewing our energy with this delicious meal, we'll get to relax and enjoy the thermal waters of Kawilal, whose hot springs owe their healing properties to the nearby Pacaya Volcano.
Make the most of the twelve thermal pools, warm up in the steam rooms and test out the hydrotherapy baths. The perfect finishing touch on an unforgettable day of sightseeing!
After relaxing at the spa, we'll make the return journey to Guatemala City.
Hotel pick up
The activity includes pick up from hotels in Guatemala City. Check out the list of hotels below. If you aren't staying in any of these hotels, choose the one closest to you for pick up.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 99
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Lunch in Santa Teresita.
Kawilal hot springs.
Towel and robe.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.