Do you like sports and the outdoors? Do you want to see some incredible views? If so, this is the perfect activity for you. Enjoy a day hiking through the National Park of the Seven Lakes in Rila.
Seven Rila Lakes Hiking Tour
We start a lovely day by heading some 120 kilometres to Rila National Park. Arriving at Panichiste, we then catch a chairlift to the top of the mountain.
Accompanied by an expert guide, we will follow a 5-hour trek, where you will discover a stunning area in Rila.
Once at the top, we will explore the seven lakes in detail. Situated at an altitude of between 2,000 and 2,500 metres, we will climb to the highest point for a bird's eye view and so you can take some impressive photos. Each lake is named after its most striking feature, such as The Tear, The Eye, The Twin and The Fish Lake.
When the trek has finished we will return to your hotels in Sofia.
- A good level of fitness is recommended for this route.
- You must wear appropriate, comfortable hiking boots and clothes for this excursion.
- Please don’t forget to bring a waterproof jacket, as there is often heavy rain in the afternoon during the summer.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 44.30
The tour is exclusively in English.
Expert hiking tour guide.
Food and drink.
Return cable car ticket (20 levas per person, 10 euros approx).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Sofia local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Aleksander Nevsky Square