Explore the medieval side of the ancient port city with this Cádiz Medieval Tour. Discover the ruins and relics around the city's old town.
Cádiz Medieval Tour
We'll meet at the San Juan de Dios Square, next to the council offices and the San Juan de Dios church. The tour will start in the Pópulo neighbourhood, the oldest in Cádiz.
Our next stop will be the Rose Arch, one of the 13th-century entrances to the Almohad enclosure. We'll reach the New Cathedral, and there admire the combination of baroque, rococo and neoclassic architecture.
As we go into the Cathedral Museum, built on the site of the old Roman Theatre of Cádiz, you'll be impressed by its collection of ornamental and religious objects from the cathedral.
Continuing on, we'll leave the El Pópulo neighbourhood, and head towards the Torreón de las Puertas de Tierra, which was part of the defensive complex that surrounded the city to protect it from pirates and enemies of the crown.
After two hours touring the city's medieval remains, we'll end the tour in front of the Bay of Cadiz.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 19 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 11.70
Children under 5 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Expert guide in art and history.
Entry to the Cathderal and the Cathederal Museum.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Cádiz local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Plaza de San Juan de Dios, next to the Moret monument.