If you like wine, then don't miss this Jerez Sherry Tour. Discover the process of elaboration and the history of the famous wine departing from El Puerto de Santa Maria.
Jerez Sherry Tour
At the time indicated, we'll board an air-conditioned bus that will take us from El Puerto de Santa María to the Doña Blanca archaeological site, a place with great relevance to the main theme of the tour: sherry.
This site contains the remains of walls, houses, a Punic river port and a necropolis belonging to the oldest Phoenician city ever discovered on the Iberian Peninsula. We'll also see the first winepresses belonging to the oldest winery in the West.
The next stop on this sherry tour will be, of course, Casa Viña, where we'll learn about the process of growing and harvesting the grapes used in the famous sherry wines. We'll walk through the vineyards getting to know the varieties of grapes and the most curious facts about the vines.
The tour will head to the city of El Puerto de Santa María for a guided tour. Aside from discovering the main points of interest, we'll go to the Grant wineries which is one of the oldest in El Puerto de Santa María. Here they'll teach us to differentiate the nuances of Sherry wine by sampling the Denomination of Origin Jerez-Xérès-Sherry and its brandy.
The guided tour will finish by returning to the starting point.
Pick Up Points
Upon booking, you must select one of the following meeting points in El Puerto de Santa María:
- Hotel Puertobahia (Playa de Valdelagrana; Avenida de la Paz, 38 (El Puerto de Santa María) 9:40 am
- El Puerto de Santa María Renfe train station (next to the bar kiosk La Estación) 9.48 am
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 28.20
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport in a climatised bus.
English speaking guide.
Guided tour of El Puerto de Santa María.
Glass of wine and grapejuice at the vineyard.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (El Puerto de Santa María local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).